Monday, August 17, 2026

Bouba Sacko


 

A ridiculously under-recorded guitarist from Mali

I heard Bouba Sacko on this comp



Went looking and was surprised how little there was to be found

Most of it as a sideman or accompanist to a star singer

E.g. he's on this 






Either that or he's in a group (or duo) called Bajarou, whose one album has a little bit too much of that '90s sound (canned reverb) to it (and an offputting album title 'n' all- Big String Theory)



Whereas this (one more time!) almost could be off the first Velvet Underground album



I can't work out if Sokona Sacko is the female singer or the other guitarist


Here's a little film about Bouba








No comments:

Post a Comment

Bouba Sacko

  A ridiculously under-recorded guitarist from Mali I heard  Bouba Sacko on this comp Went looking and was surprised how little there was ...