Monday, October 14, 2024

songs to bring out your inner Saxondale

 



Not dissing Saxondale 

No indeed - I'd go so far as to say that I'd be suspicious of anyone (or anybloke let's say) (it's A Bloke Thing) who didn't identify just a teensy tiny bit with Saxondale...  recognise a glint of affinity  

It's a top tune, any road. 

I wonder what Aaron Copland made of it. I checked and he was still alive when this was a hit. 


Now this - Mussorgsky Moogified - doesn't sound nearly as good but the visuals are mad



"Groundbreaking cinematic techniques" said Richard Williams, the presenter of Old Grey Whistle Test when they played a clip (at 8.02)





And a barrage of comic strip Pop Arty images in garish hues overlaid.

I don't know why they turn the FX off half way through - after that, who wants to look at Emerson Lake and Palmer au naturel? 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What are the other Saxondale jams? 

"Jessica" by the Allman Brothers? 

 (Aka the Top Gear theme tune)

1 comment:

  1. ELP rock harder than I'd expected in that live clip. They sound like Add N to (X).

    ReplyDelete

songs to bring out your inner Saxondale

  Not dissing Saxondale  No indeed - I'd go so far as to say that I'd be suspicious of anyone (or anybloke let's say) (it's ...